Whats she up too?!

Reneescoop

In the Brooder
Nov 7, 2017
Hey guys! So ive got a pullet acting different. She has separated herself from her "flock" (the other 2 chickens she was hatched with) and has started spending alot of her time in the coop with the older hens rarher then free rangeing with her siblings. Shes 26 weeks old this week, shes an easter egger. She does have a red face. Im wondering if she is about to start laying or if the pecking order has forced her out of her little?

Oh man, thats sooo exciting! Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting! Ive tried to see if shes squatting but she still fights a little when i try to touch her. Weve gotten her to squat and stay squating only once. The other times shes jumped up and run off. I hope she lays this week!

Oh man, thats sooo exciting! Ive been waiting and waiting and waiting! Ive tried to see if shes squatting but she still fights a little when i try to touch her. Weve gotten her to squat and stay squating only once. The other times shes jumped up and run off. I hope she lays this week!

Once is a squat...keep an eye out for eggs ;)

When a pullet starts laying she starts working her way into the pecking order of the main flock.
Have you found any tiny eggs yet?
Nothing yet. Out of my 10 birds, ive only got 2 laying. Both lay brown eggs. So im going to be THRILLED when the first colored egg is found. Ive got some pretty awesome luck ( ha, just kidding) and weve got a bet going that our easter eggers will lay brown eggs . Just impatiently awaiting her first egg.

Back
Top Bottom