Whats the best bag or wrapping to freeze my birds in?

dwyer360

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 10, 2010
I have two whole birds that i butchered yesterday and they are resting in my fridge now. What is the best product to wrap them in before going into the freezer?

A friend of mine uses freezer paper and wraps that with plastic wrap. I guess it works, I've never heard her compalin. She does what I do, 2 batches of 25-30 birds. One as early in the spring as the hatcheries will ship and one in late July. I'd wait later because of the heat but our fair is at the end of Sept so we have to get them then.

I just broke down and bought one. Seems to work good, I had to cut the wings off the 1 cause it wouldn't fit in the bag.

Ziploc bag's are about the best if you don't plan on on long term storage.We have a Food Saver here too.They are great and We bought our's about 3 year's ago and they are really good.They will re-seal chip bag's lot's of stuff.We generaly buy meat once a month and seal it up and it doesn't get freezer burn etc.I still have some Bulk country ham slices in freezer from month's ago and they still look as good as when We put in freezer.The general paper Butcher paper is mainly used if you plan to consume the meat within a couple of day's.If you eat a lot of meat and eat it fairly quickly and don't have a larger family to feed Go storage bag's.We buy bulk bag's of veggie's like corn etc. and divided up and put in Food saver bag's too.

Back
Top Bottom