what's the best water container

Frankm

In the Brooder
Oct 2, 2015
Manchester TN
I have several water canisters, the problem is I have two ducks that live with my chickens I have a pool for them but they always make a mess of the other water jugs, filling them with dirt. I feel bad that my chickens are always having to drink dirty water, is this even an issue?

Idk really. .I don't have ducks but I use a rubber dish.. that the chickens dirty themselfs quick..I just change it every day. Hopefully someone will chime in.. I could use a answer too..
I was thinking maybe a 5 gallon insulated drinking container. .that they sell at home depot for construction guys to drink out of..
Taking the push button out and screwing in a small dish type dispenser. Or even nipples.
.seems like that be good for summer use..

I've seen people using the nipple that's hooked up to a water pipe, but it looks to complicated! Keep me posted if your idea works.

I have heard of a really good product called the Hen Hydrator. Its plastic and has a certain film on the plastic that prevents algae from growing in the water. And unlike most waters it hangs upside down and on the bottom has four little holes that the chickens drink out of, so duck would not be able to get the water dirty. I have never had one and don't know if their would be a problem of teaching your chickens/ducks to drink from it but I've heard very good things about it. Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom