Whats the Best Wild Duck for Beginners?

mandarins, wood ducks, ringed teal are all very good beginner ducks and a bit cheaper compared to the hottentots unless you can find a breeder close selling them cheap. (still can't wait for next year when i get some hottentots) its 100 square feet per pair. natural grass is good. you can plant oats, milo, corn, or whatever to add natural cover. for these ducks they don't need an excessively deep pond, just deep enough for them to swim in. latest pics of my birds are on page 9 of the the thread in the link in my signature. p.s. my vote is for mandarins
wink.png

p.p.s. i'm assuming hottentotteal is right about the lower area needed to house teal seeing how small they are.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea...so you're getting more? Huh?

i said i might get them! mom was bored and started looking at wild ducks yesterday (i have no clue y) but she wanted to know how much they would cost and what they needed and what they ate and for there housing

Quote:
I don't think i am legally allowed to sell them in my area. I don't know if that means i can't give them away or not, which i wouldn't mind.

Quote:
I think i figured it out to where i would need 4 feet by 4 feet in my aviary for each duck. Not sure where i got the 4 from
hide.gif
, but all i remember was that my dimensions were about enough to hold 2 pairs.

Last edited:
Are your referring to an ordinance saying your not supposed to have them in city limits or something?
Well if you do happen to raise some and keep them quite so as to not draw attention to them i would be more than happy to take them off your hands.
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom