What's the earliest you've had a cockeral attempt to crow?

Ryguy3684

Here comes the Rooster
Premium Feather Member
May 29, 2020
Fauquier County, Virginia, United States.
My current rooster started his high-pitch donkey crow at 4 weeks old. It was hilarious, and adorable. I should have taken that as a sign, because he's now a loud mouth. :D. I had the garage door open, yesterday, and his crows could be heard in the brooder. To my surprise, one of my 1 week old chicks let out about ten attempts of the most adorable crows you've ever heard.

I might have the record, at 8 days old, but what's the earliest you've had a chick try to crow?

I love the sound of rooster crows!
I can distinguish each and every one of my cockerels and rooster’s crows. Every once in a while I hear a new crow.

My earliest attempt was 2 months,
My latest attempt (so far) was 6 months!
My daughter and I play a game like this. Guess the rooster by his crow. I have two OEGB roosters that are almost identical. The other boys I know and can tell you exactly who is crowing. I love to hear crowing too 💜

I might have the record, at 8 days old, but what's the earliest you've had a chick try to crow?
I have never had a chick crow that early, but I found an old post from 2011:

I've had a chick that was less than a day old crow after it hatched, and it turned out to be a rooster!
roll.png
It's in this thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/do-chicks-try-to-crow-at-4-weeks-of-age.537539/

Back
Top Bottom