What's the interest in seramas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by peeps7, Jan 12, 2008.

1. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I'm thinking about getting a trio or a quad of seramas but before I say yes to this guy then I would like to know who would be interested in their eggs. This guy is so AMAZINGLY nice and I really want to get these birds from him just because he is so nice. Here is what I want to get.........................................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Thanks!!! Is anybody interested in their eggs?

3. luvnmyseramas

luvnmyseramas New Egg

Jan 12, 2008
    Edmond Oklahoma
    How old are they?? Are they hand raised??

4. shookpoultry

shookpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2007
    Claremont, NC
    I am interested in chicks if that is possible.

5. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    I can try to hatch serama chicks, if ya'll are interested I'll go ahead and buy them. I've always wanted seramas anyway. Frank, I may need your advice on some things so pm me when your on here.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  6. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    The little roo at the bottom looks nice, but the hens are too long in the back and not very deep bodied. If you're looking to breed quality Serama, I would try to find better hens. I'm looking for better birds myself, and I understand how hard they are to find.

7. peeps7

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    Number one hen is class B, she has nice shape. #2 is pretty nice but I agree with you on #3 she is a little too long in the back. I'll see if the guy I'm buying from has any better hens than the 3rd one. I LOVE the rooster though, I think he is gorgeous.

8. priszilla

priszilla Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    easley sc
    I want some (more) seramas! but no more trying shipped eggs. I have hatched all sorts of shipped eggs from all over- but can't get the little seramaeggs to hatch. And it isn't jstu the size, because button quail were no problem, but serama eggs I tried and failed repeatedly. I have a trio that I got yesterday. THey are class c at best.But a start. And one of the girls laid an egg already. THey are in quarantine for now. I will try to post pix soon. I will have to relearn how since I have been gone so long. I do see a few names I remember.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by