1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

What's the most interesting sound your bird makes???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bargain, Oct 26, 2009.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Did some swapping and got 2 Wheatan Marans....4 and 7 weeks old..... The 4 week old makes the teeniest chirping/cooing noise when it sees me but hides by the 7 week old one like danger danger here comes the lady again to look at us.... The 7 week old says nothing! No, I know for sure that these are wheatans but I've never heard this sound out of any of our other chicks. It's really quite sweet. I have them in isolation area and they are there all alone and have a light and heat if they need it. They are eating and drinking nicely and it just got me to thinking about sounds of the chickens. Over in baby bay, which is where all our young ones are, the noise is so intense I cannot here the separate sounds of them.

What do your bird(s) sound like?

Thanks and have a blessed day.

2. cwhit590

cwhit590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    SW Michigan
    My 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs sound like frogs. [​IMG]
    Their 'clucks' sound more like croaks... [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  3. Iowa Roo Mom

Iowa Roo Mom Resistance Is Futile

Apr 30, 2009
    Keokuk County
    My rooster screams like a velociraptor when I leave the coop. Not when I go into the coop, but when I leave... [​IMG]

4. Feathered Wings

Feathered Wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Georgia
    I have a rooster when startled he sounds like a very squeaky old door.
    Like one of those on a horror film it will actually give you goose bumps [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by