What's the name of this button?

itsy

Songster
8 Years
Mar 14, 2011
New England
I know my BYC peeps will help me with this one!!!

I ordered a comforter for Christmas (for our bed!
lol.png
) and they sent me one that doesn't look like this, nor feel like this. I've slept under the one in the photo before, which is why I tried purchasing it. I couldn't even tell me what they sent me because the packaging was for a PILLOW and was in French! For $129, I better get what I paid for!

So, I'm going to call customer service, but I can't describe what this one looks like. It's the only one with those covered button things to keep everything in place. I'm sure they have a name, and for the life of me I can't think of it.

82602_comforter.jpg

Anyone??
smile.png

Are those actual buttons or circles sewn in the comforter?

I LOVE my down, but really prefer the box frame ones that do not allow the feathers to shift.

Thanks ladies! This is actually a down alternative comforter because we have terrible allergies. The buttons are actually some sort of round thing covered in fabric to keep the fluff from shifting.

We used this same comforter when visiting friends and it's like sleeping under a warm cloud. There's nothing like it.

I called up and spoke with a VERY uncheerful and unhelpful customer service agent that asked me what the problem was with what I have and that if it works the same as the other one, who cares what it looks like.
gig.gif
LOL!! I told her because they clearly sent me the wrong item and I'd like to get what I paid for. Man....and I'm so nice to anyone in retail!!! She asked me what I wanted to do in the end and I said: "I'd like to get what I purchased." and she huffed and told me she'd transfer me to someone to get me a replacement.

Um. ok.

So I get transferred to a voicemail. No calls back, yet.

Last edited:
In Australia it would be called a Doona. I used them a lot (and loved it) and then they had Doona covers in pretty fabrics, which had snaps or buttons at one end to remove the cover for washing.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
For the song by Bôa, see The Race of a Thousand Camels.
It has been suggested that this article or section be merged with Comforter. (Discuss) Proposed since January 2010.

A duvet, without a cover.A duvet (pronounced UK: /ˈduːveɪ/, US: /duːˈveɪ/) (also known as a doona in Australian English and a dyne in Scandinavian from which the Australian word was derived) from the French duvet [dyˈvɛ] "down"), is a type of bedding — a soft flat bag filled with down, feathers, or a synthetic alternative, and protected with a removable cover, analogous to a pillow and pillow case. Duvets originated in rural Europe and were made from the down feathers of the eider duck, known for its usefulness as a thermal insulator​

Last edited:
Quote:

I have a few of the dyne my grandmother made (in Denmark) She raised ducks & geese, would butcher and sell for holidays and keep the down to make dyne.

Button tufted! Yes! I've been using words that you guys have suggested and it seems to make sense!

Now if I could only talk with someone with sense there! No one returned my call..... Blargh! It wouldn't be such a big deal if they didn't sell such a wide variety of similar items. They vary in price so much....what if they sent me the $79 one instead? Grrr.

Back
Top Bottom