What's the name of your chicken coop? "Chicken" Hilton here

Quote:
I would do something like 123 C Dragonfly Drive (house number + c for chicken and your street name). You could even give them a mailbox LOL.

Or, how about
Dragonfly Diner - since the chickens will be happily eating there

I like both your ideas. I do believe we have a winner! Thank you for your help.
big_smile.png

So what did you decide?

Oh, I'm still not decided. *sigh* I want to play on the french translation. Our city name translates to "heart of the awl". I like Dragonfly Diner but I'm thinking "Cafe' Coeur de' Poulet" which translates to Chicken Heart Cafe. Not sure though.

I have plenty of time to come up with something though as my girls aren't even 3 weeks old yet. We'll see. Thanks for your suggestion though.

I call my coop "Roscoe's" for the restaurant chain out west, Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles! Officially, it is "Roscoe's at RockRidge Eggs and Ales", as my property is named RockRidge (any Mel Brooks fans out there?). My brother photoshopped some logos for me. Tell me what you think...
44703_rockridge_ea_2.jpg

Or...
44703_rockridge_ea_1.jpg

Or...
44703_rockridge_ea_3.jpg

Oh yeah. The "Ales" is from the beer that I brew.

Last edited:
Mine's called Coop D'Etat.
big_smile.png

The girls won't be 'taking over' the coop for another two weeks. They're still inside...

My daughters are from Ethiopia so ours will be "Doro Bet" doro is amharic for chicken and bet is amharic for house. I was pushing for "Casa Gallina" (hen house) but they outvoted me.

I'm selling my excess veggies and fruit from my garden under the name Penny Acre Farm, the excess eggs will be sold as well (when they start laying that is)....so I HAD to have "penny" in the names. I also love the show Charmed.

So the coop will be named P3, short for Poultry Pence Palace, and the duck house will be D3, short for Drachma Duck Den (though the goose may end up sharing it too.)

They have yet to be built because it was soooo darn hard deciding on a design, which I have now (for the most part...lol), let the building begin!

Ours is the "Saloon", we had to rehome a roo earlier this year and we will be putting up a "Wanted" poster of him on the front of the Saloon
big_smile.png
There is a chalkboard on there to show "daily specials", you know....omellets, chicken and gravy, chicken pot pie, etc. We are getting ducks soon and they will be living in the Outhouse (still to be built) cause duckies are dirty
big_smile.png

Edited to add: oh and the white shed in the back will be the General Store and the dog house that is out of view is the Sheriff's office
wee.gif

(I am from Arizona and needed some Wild West with me
hide.gif
)

87534_house_and_chicks_4-25_046.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom