What's the next HOT breed/color?

Quote:
Chocolate is certainly hot, and expensive, in Orpingtons, so it very well may become hot for other breeds.

How does the champagne differ from buff? Won't adding more mahogany make it buff?

Quote:
the difference is Lavender.. and adding mahogany to it will only enhance red pigment, making it more peach colored..

So champagne has buff and lavender?

Whoever has the next breed in chocolate.....

I've got one bantam chocolate project ameraucana already (hatched out nine more chicks and no chocolate...
sad.png
)and chocolate in another breed already that I am sweared to secrecy on.

LF ameraucana are next, then the next one I have waiting here already.

Quote:
at the moment that's the case(the type of columbian buff, not the more complex self buff found on buff leghorns) , but work has begun on producing nicer Peach/Pinkish color by adding red enhancers and removing any type of diluters(except Lavender).. so a R.IR type of Red mixed with Lavender..

this type of Red + Lavender should give you a nice color..
31282_2010_1107brroos9-23-100091.jpg

Quote:
at the moment that's the case(the type of columbian buff, not the more complex self buff found on buff leghorns) , but work has begun on producing nicer Peach/Pinkish color by adding red enhancers and removing any type of diluters(except Lavender).. so a R.IR type of Red mixed with Lavender..

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/31282_2010_1107brroos9-23-100091.jpg

If I understand correctly, lavender is not a color, it's a diluter. I'm a newbie when it comes to genetics.

I haven't read all of the replies, but I think dun and chocolate will be the next hot colors.

And I think Cream Legbars will be much sought after now that they've been introduced to the US. I wouldn't mind getting some myself!

Quote:
That's True, Mahogany is not a color also, just a ground color enhancer...
wink.png
there are only two ground color Silver(example Silver Duckwing) or Gold(example Black Breasted Red), enhancers enhance this and Diluters dilute them...

Quote:

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/31282_2010_1107brroos9-23-100091.jpg

That's my picture.
Gee, if only I had known...... maybe I would have kept her.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom