What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
They almost look like opal

Sort of, though the Opals I've seen have a sort of smoky color to them. If I remember right, the genetics for Opals are related to Fawn and Khaki as they're both mutations of dominant white. 😊

Edit, whoops, I meant dominant white, not recessive! :th I'm wrong anyway, though, because Opal is a mutant of recessive white, probably why I mistyped this originally!

Neither one of them is red XD. They are tsc quality birds.

Yeah, I know, but that's the variety name for your slate-legged girl, I promise! They are called Black Breasted Red because the males have a black breast and are mostly red otherwise.

Being TSC quality explains the leg color discrepancy. I've seen a lot of slate-legged OEGBs that came from TSC recently!

Last edited:
Sort of, though the Opals I've seen have a sort of smoky color to them. If I remember right, the genetics for Opals are related to Fawn and Khaki as they're both mutations of recessive white. 😊

Yeah, I know, but that's the variety name for your slate-legged girl, I promise! They are called Black Breasted Red because the males have a black breast and are mostly red otherwise.

Being TSC quality explains the leg color discrepancy. I've seen a lot of slate-legged OEGBs that came from TSC recently!
Yep. We have one at the school.

Sort of, though the Opals I've seen have a sort of smoky color to them. If I remember right, the genetics for Opals are related to Fawn and Khaki as they're both mutations of recessive white. 😊

Ah, I didn't know that :) these girls were gotten to give company to an oegb roo we had been given he passed though.

Have you considered breeding them with Gold Laced Sebrights? I think the Dominant White gene should be the only major difference between the two colors.
I wouldnt be able to sell the chicks as buff laced though because they would carry gold lace genes. It would take years to be pretty sure that they didnt have those genes anymore. Plus i really dont like that volor pattern

My rarest would be the Aloha's. last year the breeding flocks fell to five farms with a total population of around 100 left worldwide due to predation and weird calamities.

I've brought eggs in from all the farms left to make sure I have all the genetics left I can. I hatched out or brought in140 chicks so when they start laying I will have the largest flock to hopefully get eggs and chicks to people who are interested in helping bring the breed back from the edge of extinction.

View attachment 3102244
View attachment 3102246
Those are beautiful birds! I already have too many birds...but o I want...lol.

Back
Top Bottom