What's the rarest breed or variety you have?

Pics
I've wanted Ameraucanas for a long time, but wonder if they're to large for my flock? Would an Ameraucana roo be to big for OEGBs and Pyncheons?
Even though I don't really like beards, I want a fluffy bird that lays nice big blue eggs!
Pretty sure there are bantam versions too if you look hard enough

I've wanted Ameraucanas for a long time, but wonder if they're to large for my flock? Would an Ameraucana roo be to big for OEGBs and Pyncheons?
Even though I don't really like beards, I want a fluffy bird that lays nice big blue eggs!
I think it would be fine, I have one that will be with my EE’s, Orpingtons, silky and isbar. He is a beautiful bird. Oh and if Barnevelder turn out to be hens they will be house in the same coop and run.

As a follow on question is there a website that lists rare breeds of chickens, ducks, and geese? You peaked my interest. Thanks.
The American Livestock Breeds Conservancy (ABLC) lists some, the Society for the Preservation of Poultry Antiquities (SPPA) doesn't really have a list but is a great organization, there is a British organization who's website has many beautiful rare breeds, but I can't remember the name.

Back
Top Bottom