What's the scoop on Duck POOP!?

Are you supplementing you Pekins with any form of niacin. Your ducklings are at the age where leg problems show up and chick starter doesn’t have near enough niacin for ducklings. Best thing would be to start them on an all flock or a feed formulated for waterfowl Purina has both of these. And the correct amount of niacin too.

Are you supplementing you Pekins with any form of niacin. Your ducklings are at the age where leg problems show up and chick starter doesn’t have near enough niacin for ducklings. Best thing would be to start them on an all flock or a feed formulated for waterfowl Purina has both of these. And the correct amount of niacin too.

no they aren’t actually having much niacin, what snacks can I give them with niacin? just for now until i get The purina.

There is some niacin in green peas but not near enough. Since I supplement with Nutritional yeast and liquid b complex if they have a leg problem I don’t try and feed them niacin enriched food . Since you have Pekins and they are notorious for leg problems I hope you can get them on the right feed soon.

There is some niacin in green peas but not near enough. Since I supplement with Nutritional yeast and liquid b complex if they have a leg problem I don’t try and feed them niacin enriched food . Since you have Pekins and they are notorious for leg problems I hope you can get them on the right feed soon.

okay, I’ll give them some green peas now and then I’ll go buy some feed for them. Thanks so much for your help! :D

Your very welcome keep us updated and we can’t say enough how much we love pictures!

ha! yea I’ll keep you updated :) and I’ll send through a cute picture I just took:love theyre so funny, they were waiting for me to come back outside with them! :wee

Attachments

• 8323A5FA-7B39-4E52-BB0D-FA21ED59B3EF.jpeg
    8323A5FA-7B39-4E52-BB0D-FA21ED59B3EF.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1BB3F7FE-739B-4101-8971-18740D98D498.jpeg
    1BB3F7FE-739B-4101-8971-18740D98D498.jpeg
    281 KB · Views: 12
I use this and probiotic for my ducks and chickens. I'll rotate between the two both have 22-25 mg of niacin. Which my chickens get it split between my baby ducklings and 3 chicken coops. I also use Purina for ducks for my ducks. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200815-100720.png
    Screenshot_20200815-100720.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom