What's the stupidest car damage you've ever done to your own car?

I got in a huge argument with my husband (Fiance at the time) stormed out of the apartment, got into his car, backed out of the covered parking, and accidentally side swiped the pole that holds up the carport. Luckily our car has a plastic bumper that popped back out, but it still has white paint all over it. I threw it in park ran back upstairs, sobbing and told him I wrecked his car, go take care of it. LOL, he ran downstairs, parked it, came back up cracking up, which just peeved me more, because he was laughing. We both look back and laugh now.
big_smile.png

Backing out of my spot in a parking garage, I was too close to a column and bent the mirror on the driver's side all the way back. Poor thing, it was never the same. Now I never park in a spot with a column by it.

Ok, I have another one that is much funnier.

A couple years ago my car pooped out on me, and while it was being repaired, my dad lent me his Mercedes.
See where we're going with this?
tongue.png

This car was his *baby*. It was a 1982 blue station wagon. He'd bought it for $600 and spent a year restoring it. Coolest car, ever.

So, one day DH was riding with me out to my research sites (biology field project). We were zooming down the highway, sunroof open, having a great afternoon.
I got a bit chilly, so I asked DH to close the sunroof please.
I was not aware that the sunroof was the one thing that had not yet been restored. Unbeknownst to me, the tracks on it were completely rotten through.

Josh tried to close it. The wind grabbed hold of it and *FOOOOM!* sheared the whole thing clean off the #$%& car.
This unleashed a tornado of dead bugs and sharp little pine straw bits into the car.
So I'm zooming down the highway at 60 or so, can't really see, covered in bug carcasses, freaking out, with DH yelling for me to PULL OVER NOW, and the poor sunroof going *dinky dinky rolly* down the highway behind us.

We stopped. He found it in the median, but not before it had been run over.
I returned my dad's Mercedes to him with a Duct-taped-on sunroof.
Dad wouldn't speak to me for over a week.

Unlikely, I know, but I even have evidence:
24123_0209081528a-1.jpg

That is NOT a happy man there.
lau.gif

I don't have any dumb car wreck stories, but I can tattle on my brothers: One of my brothers totaled his car when he plowed into a SUV with a Catholic schoolgirl driving it after he dropped his Frappuchino and tried to retrieve it from the passenger side floorboard. Another brother has crashed his car into 3 other ones whild he was going forward because he constantly tailgates. My third brother has no damaged car stories, he has completed police driving courses and is a great driver, like me! lol

I drained the battery of our van in the Lund's parking lot. completely fried it, beyond jumping. cost $122. WITH my little cousins in the back on a 90 degree day.
cool.png
skills...

my poor car. within the first year i had it, i backed into satan's i mean my sister in laws little red stupid car she had. barely any damage, there was just a scrape on the side. then my idiot brother side swiped my car and bent in the side pannel pretty good. that was fun cuz my mom and her annoying friend who thinks he knows everything, were arguing about how to take the dent out. i said omg just leave it alone if you two are going to act like kids! then someone rear ended me and took off!!! my tail light is busted, but id good enough not to get a ticket. then not too long after that i backed into a pole at in-n-out
gig.gif
woops. we thought we had a fixed but one day ex boyfriend and i were on the freeway and my bumper half way came off. it was still attached to the side. we pulled off the freeway, pulled off th rest of my bumper, put it in the back seat, then went to his uncles and it's now in there with 4 screws
gig.gif
poor car. i want to get a giant bandaid sticker made for my bumper lol

The stupidist dumb car damage
- the dented bumper on my brand new to me pickup truck because we were brilliantly yanking out stumps by tying them to the bumper.
- or is it - getting in an arguement with my teenage DS, the kind of arguement that needs ten minutes sitting in my truck before feeling calm enough to drive off. Then forgetting teenage DS's little bitty car is parked right up behind the truck where it can't be seen, and throwing the truck in reverse (guess a tad still mad) and simply driving up over the hood of his car. Then having to go back inside and explaining to DS. And DH just not getting why I insisted on paying for it to be repaired immediately - so as never to see the evidence again. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom