What's the stupidest car damage you've ever done to your own car?

Buff Hooligans

Scrambled
12 Years
Jun 11, 2007
I backed up with my door open and wanked the door on a low stump. Door hinges ruined. Door can't shut. Now held in place by rope. I have to get in through the passenger side (very graceful!) Wind tunnel effect while driving.

Embarrassment while driving: 150% !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
. . . and I thought hitting the front fender on the side of the house while backing out of the carport was bad. At least mine didn't leave a mark. That just sounds awful. I'm sorry it happened.
hugs.gif

My son and I just did this to my Honda . . . I was sick for a week over it. It's $800 for a door (driver's) and no way am I doing that. . . we use the redneck door tie, with rubber tiedowns hooked together. . .feel like a total idiot. Happened so fast I couldn't stop and neither could he. Now I don't feel quite so bad since someone else did it too.

It was icy and I was coming into the driveway too fast (I was in college & at my apartment)...I tried to stop and of course, due to the ice, I couldn't...I slowly slid into the mail boxes (one of those big ones with like 50 holes on it). Anyway, it cracked/ruined my grille and bent the metal post for the mailbox sign. It was about a $1000 mistake.

My brother in law was parked behind my garage an when I backed out I tried to angle so I wouldn't hit him... And the front bumper hit the wall... Grrrr house was fine. But I tore off some trim on the bumper.

Let's see, Several years ago I just bought a brand new honda accord, and my EX DH was going to take it for test drive, he forgot to open the garage door. New accord spent a week at the shop, and we had to get a new garage door.
th.gif

Oh wait stupid things I have done, not someone else....

When I was 18 I was going to be real cool and spin out of my friend's driveway. Well I lost control and ended up going through the fence and into the cow pasture. Me and a girl friend were in my car and we decided not to go back, it took us over 2 hours to go about 15 miles. I broke the drive shaft in my car and refused to pull over till i got home. Dump teenager...

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, I feel like a total idiot. I've got the Yankee door tie with genuine clothesline. Jeesh.

The very worst I did was to my house not the vehicle. I drove a Bobcat through the side of my garage. For those that have never driven a bobcat, they are steered with two joy ticks. one for the left side and one for the right. I was driving through the narrow space between the side of my house and the fence at nearly full speed. My nose itched and I was not thinking. I scratched the itch with my left hand. what this means is that the left hand is no longer pushing the left joystick forward. This means the left side tires stop turning. Put the bucket full of dirt through the garage wall.

Quote:
We've had too many dumb accidents to count but wanted to suggest it does get very expensive whether you have collision or not. We have purchased many body parts at the junk yard. Used pieces are a lot less expensive. You might even get lucky and find the same color. Even still, different color or not, it sure beats a wind tunnel and a red neck tie.

Back
Top Bottom