Whats the weirdest thing your chickens have eaten or tried to eat??

Wow I didnt know you could do that. My buff orp swallowed a screw, which Im pretty worried about. I tried to feel it to see if it was in her crop but I couldnt tell and I didnt want to push too hard as it was a wood screw about 3/4 of an inch long and POINTY. So far so good tho. She was sneezing a lot today tho. When chickens swallow something does it always go to the crop first???

A piece of weather stripping that was on their new tradle feeder.

The wildest thing was watching my Jersey Giant jump and peck and wressell a June Bug down and eat it. The thing was the size of a walnut still in the shell and it took her several tries before she got the upper hand. I had emerald green sparkly turds all over my yard the next day.
sickbyc.gif

i have a LOT of tailless lizzards running aorund kind of sad though i have 100 of itty bitty lizzards running around now i have only seen 2 and both have no tails i think its due to my chickens the only ones around are the ones that hang out with the turtle

A Bird Eating Tarantula! More than once! These spiders don't actually eat birds, but they can throw their hairs at you, which can irritate. And the are huge- the size of a size 5 shoe!

My girls and roos found one, tore it up, and chased each other all over the yard trying to steal the parts from each other. Then they did it again the next day. :-/

And the ever popular styrofoam. What's up with that? I don't let them eat it, but they love it so much I want to give it to them! lol

My husband, who drives tow truck, was recovering a vehicle from someones front yard and there was broken glass all over the lawn. My husband remembered that they free range their chickens and had the homeowner vacuum his lawn. The cops thought that was the funniest thing. Someone crawling on the lawn with a shop vac.

Back
Top Bottom