Whats this in one of my chickens poo?

storminstaffs

Songster
11 Years
Aug 7, 2008
Durham, UK
DSC03555.jpg

are they worms? if so what do i treat the chickens with?

Look like roundworms to me. How long are they?

1. Treat with Wazine or another treatment, and don't eat eggs for the time you decide is right for you (internet sources vary from 5-17 days).
2. Treat for cocci (use Corid) too, since roundworms & cocci are often found together.
3. Treat for roundworms again in 30 days.

I lost a bird to this dual parasite infestation in March (RIP Dumpling) and it made her so, so sick.

ep.gif
Believe me, I am NO EXPERT and am fairly new to chooks, but those DEFINETLY look like worms! You'll probably get alot of varying responses of what wormer to use, but I choose Verm-X. It comes in crumbles or liquid form, and I choose the crumbles. Click here for the site

My understanding is that this product has been used widley in the UK and is now available in the US. I ordered it because it seemed safe, but others reccomend Ivermectin. If nothing else this will *bump* you so someone more experienced can help. Best of luck to you!

Yup worms they are...look like roundworms. You can treat with Wazine for those or go ahead and do a broad spectrum for all parasites such as ivermectin. Just watch the egg withdrawl period on the products...and toss the eggs during that time. Also, remember to re-dose in 10 days I think it says.

Ick. Roundworms. No doubt. We just had a nasty bout with them and our puppy. Wazine for sure and like the pp said, I would treat for Cocci as well.

Quote:
I agree.
lau.gif

But those are worms. You may want to research, I think they are transmitted through the ground and you may need to treat all of your chickens. Gosh, hope mine never get that. I would have a hell of a time treating all of them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom