What's this on my barred rock's foot?

5lovelyhens

Chirping
Mar 29, 2015

This is on KeeLee's foot. She's a 1 month old barred rock. I have 2 babies right now, KeeLee and Maxine. It kind of looks like a scab, so I thought Maxine might've pecked KeeLee. She has established her dominance. There's also a slight possibility that Maxine could be a rooster. I don't know if all this info is important or not. Do you know what this is from? She's acting like she normally does and walking fine.

This is on KeeLee's foot. She's a 1 month old barred rock. I have 2 babies right now, KeeLee and Maxine. It kind of looks like a scab, so I thought Maxine might've pecked KeeLee. She has established her dominance. There's also a slight possibility that Maxine could be a rooster. I don't know if all this info is important or not. Do you know what this is from? She's acting like she normally does and walking fine.

It's likely that her foot was too close to some scratch, looked likeca mealworm and got pecked ;)

They're little toes look like worms to each other, and when they're chicks, they haven't a clue that toes are toes and worms are worms; they have to try to eat a toe :D

Back
Top Bottom