what's too cold?

duckdog

Chirping
Jun 8, 2022
The people on this forum have been very helpful, thank you. I am new to poultry, ducks specifically. I have Pekins which are almost 3 weeks old. They don't have their feathers yet, but this week the forecast for most days is the temp to get into the high 50's low 60's in the afternoon. Is that warm enough to have them out on the patio, for an hour or two, maybe even go for a swim during that time?

Sure just make sure they are completely comfortable outside and check on them if they are shaking then maybe wait a bit, but if not you can leave them outside for a few hours. They'll be fine.

The people on this forum have been very helpful, thank you. I am new to poultry, ducks specifically. I have Pekins which are almost 3 weeks old. They don't have their feathers yet, but this week the forecast for most days is the temp to get into the high 50's low 60's in the afternoon. Is that warm enough to have them out on the patio, for an hour or two, maybe even go for a swim during that time?
Hi Gigachad chicken
I don't think that is warm enough until the ducklings are fully feathered. They might like 10-15 minutes on the patio in the fresh air, but no longer or they will get chilled. At 3 weeks old they need temperatures of 75F or more. At 4 weeks old 70F

If you have them outside I don’t think I’d let them swim. 50’s is kinda chilly. But they usually dont do much but stand around and quack for warmer conditions. Make sure they are in the sun

Back
Top Bottom