What's up with duck shipping costs?

I did pay extra for the insurance from Ideal, I didn't do that the first time and ended up with 10 cochin roosters! (kept one though, to cute). They packed extra straw and they came a whole lot faster too! They shipped out from Ideal on Tuesday (Texas) and they reached me early Wednesday morning (Maryland). They were all lively, in fact when I opened to box as the PO the little black duckling jumped right out. The PO lady laughed and said they look in good health!
78308_dscn1640.jpg

I was going to order only 2 ducklings from metzers since I just wanted them as a pet but I decieded to get 10 instead
since shipping is like $30 dollars cheaper! I kept one jumbo pekin and I sold the rest on craigslist 2 weeks before they
came so most were sold or on hold already when they came so I charged about 15 dollars each so that would be like
splitting the shipping. It worked out well for me since there arent many feed or tractor supply stores around here.
smile.png

but definitely try looking on craigslist. I have seen a lot of people post up posts for ducklings and ducks. or adopt from
your local shelter! sometimes they have them

Back
Top Bottom