Whats up with my maran?

JakRat

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Dover
Seems fine... just maybe a bit slow in development maybe??? She seems to have problems jumping out of the coop, while even my little banty has no problems. I have been seeing a lot of maran feathers scattered about the coop lately too. Droppings fine, eating drinking fine... no mites or lice... not one of my nicer looking chickens... any ideas???

I forgot to mention that she doesnt always hold her tail up either... just kinda lets it hang... seems like she has been hanging out with the turket buzzards vs the chickens... kinda weird...

Here is a pic I got of her yesterday

28956_img_20110920_155952.jpg

28956_img_20110920_162620.jpg

She is probably low woman on the pecking order.

Marans mature slowly, and I have notices they often do not hold their tails up till they are mature. Once she is about 6months old has a red comb and is ready to lay she will probably be less submisive.

My rooster is the same way! :O I think he's developmentally retarded! He is so uncoordinated and clumsy! X_X

He did fly to the roost for the first time last night (only to fall off 10 minutes later) - he's 6 months old - eats, drinks, poops, everything normal. He's weird..

Quote:
Thats really interesting! I would have never thought of that. She deff is. Her sisters is the bigger prettier more aggressive one. She isnt too submissive with me. To get her on her back like that she put up a huge fight... My marans are not friendly at all... Hopefully they lay me some nice eggs to make up for it.

Back
Top Bottom