Whats up with my Mother?? The chickens eat better then me!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by shannara200, Jan 23, 2013.

1. shannara200

shannara200 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2012
    I have had my 5 hens and Rooster for over 5 weeks. I think my parents visit just to spend time with the chickens.... My mother pictured below prepared a morning treat for the chickens, it's a chilly morning and she wanted to make a warm breakfast for them.

She cooked corn meal and then added some kitchen scraps from the day before and mixed it up to make a warm porage, I asked her what is for breakfast on the human side and she just gave me a blank look as if saying "I didn't think about you" so it's cold ceral and a bowl for me....

Chickens have the power to steal parents love from you....

[​IMG]

2. peepacheep

peepacheep Chillin' With My Peeps

What lucky chickens, my husband says the same thing. Hopefully there will be some nice breakfast omelets in the near future. Welcome to BYC.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Maybe if the chickens have leftovers, your mom will let you have that

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

She's feeding her feathered grandkids!

5. horsiefly53

horsiefly53 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 11, 2012
    East Central FL
    I've always liked feeding my animals much more than cooking for my family. For one thing, the animals are much more grateful, whereas kids say yuk, that again, show up late, or don't show up at all! Also the meal requirements are a little simpler for animals. In fact, you could say my animals eat better than I do. I certainly spend more money on animal food than I do for my food!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by