What's up with this chick? Pic included

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
My chicks are now just 4 days old and one of them has an attitude. Could this possibly be a Roo?

It goes around and pecks on everyone in the brood and then it takes it's foot and goes down the back of the others and it stands staight up. It scratches in the brood alot, too.

Do I need to seperate it from the others? Are they going to be fine with this attitude chick?

Family004-1.jpg

Need your advice on this. See how it holds it's head up.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of Mr. or Ms. Attitude when I put it back in twith the others. This is how it stands 75% of the time............

Family010.jpg

It could be a roo, it's difficult to tell until they're a little older yet. S/he is a real cutie though
love.gif

The other chicks should be okay with this one. It might just be playfighting,or making sure all the other chicks know that this one is the boss
lol.png
All my chicks peck and fly at each other, but they don't do any real damage, they're just messing about. I think it'll be okay, but i'm sure other people will have some better advice
smile.png

Those pics don't really suggest anything wrong.

Chicks have attitude, you just get used to it. Serious pecking issues will become apparent if they exist, and you can ask then.

You won't be able to tell (depending on breed) if they are hens or roosters until they are about 6 to 8 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom