Whats up with this chick's feathers?

Lelers0820

In the Brooder
Jan 21, 2023
Hiya, so about a week ago now me and my family got some chicks from bomgaars like normal. This americana chick in the pictures, named Piper, started growing in her feathers normally but some are curving weird. The curvy feathers only happens in a certain part of the wing, and on both wings. This isn't happening to any of the other chicks, and I have no clue what's causing it. If somebody could tell me why this is happening, and if it's a problem or not would be very helpful!

Attachments

• 20230216_181802.jpg
    20230216_181802.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230216_181741.jpg
    20230216_181741.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 14
Hiya, so about a week ago now me and my family got some chicks from bomgaars like normal. This americana chick in the pictures, named Piper, started growing in her feathers normally but some are curving weird. The curvy feathers only happens in a certain part of the wing, and on both wings. This isn't happening to any of the other chicks, and I have no clue what's causing it. If somebody could tell me why this is happening, and if it's a problem or not would be very helpful!
Curious to know what this chick(en) looks like now if you are still . We have a poster on another thread with something similar
going on.

Back
Top Bottom