What's weirdest thing you have ever eaten?

Pics
Intentionally: everything on the menus at the two different places we spent the nights on and at the Yellow Mountains in China. I have no idea what most of it was. They each had a huge buffet and everything in it looked and tasted extremely different than anything I'd experienced before or after. Except the one thing that looked familiar - like white bread without crusts. It wasn't. It only tasted very different.

Lychee candy, canned lychees

Lamb/mint flavored crisps - aka in the US as chips.

Habichuelas con dulce (Dominican sweet bean dessert)

Corn candy (from the Corn Palace in South Dakota- not candy corn, this looked like a yellow ear of corn shaped lollipop on a stick and tasted intensely of corn.

Cattle feed of various kinds.

Slippery elm, pine needles, spruce needles, cattails, quince, various weeds.

Last edited:
Intentionally: everything on the menus at the two different places we spent the nights on and at the Yellow Mountains in China. I have no idea what most of it was. They each had a huge buffet and everything in it looked and tasted extremely different than anything I'd experienced before or after. Except the one thing that looked familiar - like white bread without crusts. It wasn't. It only tasted very different.

Lychee candy, canned lychees

Lamb/mint flavored crisps - aka in the US as chips.

Habichuelas con dulce (Dominican sweet bean dessert)

Corn candy (from the Corn Palace in South Dakota- not candy corn, this looked like a yellow ear of corn shaped lollipop on a stick and tasted intensely of corn.

Cattle feed of various kinds.
Not really weird, odd maybe. Cattle feed?

These are the weirdest things I’ve eaten. I probably wouldn’t call any of these weird but other people I guess do 😂

•Squirrel
•Frog legs
•Rabbit
•Dear, beef, chicken, and turkey heart
•Turkey and chicken gizzard
•Beef and deer testicles
•And I’ve eaten some kind of liver but I forget what it was.

Edit: I forgot deer and beef tongue 😅

And of course when I was younger I ate chicken food, rabbit food, duck food, horse grain, goat grain, and probably everything else. And dog bones, but who hasn’t?? 😅

Last edited:
These are the weirdest things I’ve eaten. I probably wouldn’t call any of these weird but other people I guess do 😂

•Squirrel
•Frog legs
•Rabbit
•Dear, beef, chicken, and turkey heart
•Turkey and chicken gizzard
•Beef and deer testicles
•And I’ve eaten some kind of liver but I forget what it was.
Put mountain oysters in a spoiler. And I hope the liver was not human with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Not really weird, odd maybe. Cattle feed?
Cattle feed depending on your definition of eating. Usually it was just a bite or so at a time while doing chores or harvesting the feeds. Not like sitting down to a meal of it

And depending on your definition of cattle feed. I saw my dad test the ripeness of the oats in it and the quality of the rye by eating a few grains. I asked lots of questions and learned there wasn't any particular reason not to eat some. So fairly often chewed on it because it is fun. And tried the mixed feed because the molasses smelled good.

And we fed the cows cookies (buying semi loads of opps batches from commercial bakeries) sometimes they came through with the wrappers on them. My brothers and I ate the wrapped ones sometimes. Poptarts, mostly. Usually, they were a bit over done or underdone, sometimes missed the salt or the jam in the middle or something like that.

And we fed the cows carrots and such sometimes.

And, stems of good grass or alfalfa hay tastes good. And alfalfa sprouts, maybe - I don't know if alfalfa sprouts count as cattle feed - they were sold as people food).

Cattle feed depending on your definition of eating. Usually it was just a bite or so at a time while doing chores or harvesting the feeds. Not like sitting down to a meal of it

And depending on your definition of cattle feed. I saw my dad test the ripeness of the oats in it and the quality of the rye by eating a few grains. I asked lots of questions and learned there wasn't any particular reason not to eat some. So fairly often chewed on it because it is fun. And tried the mixed feed because the molasses smelled good.

And we fed the cows cookies (buying semi loads of opps batches from commercial bakeries) sometimes they came through with the wrappers on them. My brothers and I ate the wrapped ones sometimes. Poptarts, mostly. Usually, they were a bit over done or underdone, sometimes missed the salt or the jam in the middle or something like that.

And we fed the cows carrots and such sometimes.

And, stems of good grass or alfalfa hay tastes good. And alfalfa sprouts, maybe - I don't know if alfalfa sprouts count as cattle feed - they were sold as people food).
Sounds quite normal that way. Just checking quality of grain.

Back
Top Bottom