What's with all these mega threads?

noahs_flock

Songster
Dec 12, 2017
Texas
I joined BYC in 2017 but lurked for a couple years before hand. Something that has always been interesting is the length of a lot of these threads... some with 28,000 replies, millions of views, etc.

I have been on quite a few big forums, and never seen anything like this. Is there any particular reason for it? Extremely active members? I used to find it overwhelming, as I know I can never get through a 1,000 page thread on a specific topic. Now I just think it is fascinating. The people on this forum are so helpful, and truly act like a big family.

I think I may just not comprehend how big this forum is!!

Always... I think this post certainly is random enough to be my first random rambling post. :D

Last edited:
There are a lot of friendships that have formed on BYC.
Many folks in the random ramblings area get together here often to just chat with friends.

There are awesome threads in other sections where the info on how to's is being shared/contributed to and some of those threads get quite long.

I think it is great that so many different people with different situations can gather to share and help each other or get help so quickly when needed.

I think I may just not comprehend how big this forum is!!

Always... I think this post certainly is random enough to be my first random rambling post. :D
Love your ramdom rambling. You should get along just great with Zack of Myshire farms. LOL.

Seriously though, even though I don't normally like Bulletin Boards, I love this one. There are a lot of great people here, and I am fairly new. I blame it all on Kiki. LOL. She is the one that talked me into it.

I decided to look into it tonight, as I haven't checked in a few days. I have finished culling 8 quail, and never can go right to bed afterwards. It saddens me, in a way, when I cull my quail. But that is the whole reason I got into them in the beginning, was to grow my own food. For dinner tonight, I had baked quail, and garlic mashed taters. It was great. Speaking of rambling. . . I could go on, but I won't. LOL. Blessings.

Love your ramdom rambling. You should get along just great with Zack of Myshire farms. LOL.

Seriously though, even though I don't normally like Bulletin Boards, I love this one. There are a lot of great people here, and I am fairly new. I blame it all on Kiki. LOL. She is the one that talked me into it.

I decided to look into it tonight, as I haven't checked in a few days. I have finished culling 8 quail, and never can go right to bed afterwards. It saddens me, in a way, when I cull my quail. But that is the whole reason I got into them in the beginning, was to grow my own food. For dinner tonight, I had baked quail, and garlic mashed taters. It was great. Speaking of rambling. . . I could go on, but I won't. LOL. Blessings.
Agreed, I love BYC. But wow, sounds delish. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped quail? I typically stuff mine with creme cheese and jalapenos and throw it on grill. So good. I know its always hard to cull though. :( Sorry. At least the quail went to great use.

Agreed, I love BYC. But wow, sounds delish. Have you ever tried bacon-wrapped quail? I typically stuff mine with creme cheese and jalapenos and throw it on grill. So good. I know its always hard to cull though. :( Sorry. At least the quail went to great use.
The first time I ever tried quail, I stuffed it with cream cheese and rosemary, and wrapped it with bacon. It was great, baked in the oven, as I don't have a grill. Apartment living at its best. LOL Mostly when you are on second floor with no balcony. When I cull, I let them set in the refrig for nearly 24 hours. I save the spines, and feet, for bone broth. I take the under developed eggs, gizzards, testicals, and hearts, to make my dog a treat with. Sometimes, when preparing them for the freezer, I will cut off the hind legs, and put them in a separate bag. Makes great "hot wings" if you know what I mean. LOL. Easier to stuff just the breast as well.

Blessings.

I actually made it through a mega-thread, all 1378 pages! It was one of random funny things. I laughed a LOT.

Cool thing about BYC is I can (usually) find what I need to know quickly. Most of my google searches landed me on here when I was trying to get a handle on chicks/pullets/cockerels at the very beginning. I joined to be part of a great community, and became a PFM to get rid of ads completely. I am so glad I did, too. Both.

Back
Top Bottom