What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

usually when I join forums/websites I go by Dev (my nickname, short for my name Devery). But whenever I can't use Dev (couldn't here because needed 4 characters) then I like to use Devastating, cause it's a word that's also a cool play on my name!

As for my avatar, I just signed up yesterday and didn't have any icons on my computer that I wanted to use on here so for now I went with this old favorite, the guinea potato. It never fails me.

Hi Dev, what an awesome name! You're right, the avi works.
gig.gif

A while ago, before I had even fully formulated my plan of getting chickens, I mentioned the idea (of owning chickens) to one of my friends. She immediately responded by informing me that one must be fluffy and named "princes."
big_smile.png
The fluffiest chicken I know of is the silkie, hence the name "Princess Silkie." I decided to create my avatar accordingly, with a picture of a silkie.

becuase i was listening to klove and there is an artist on there named plumb so i said to my cuz "is this a plumb" and than i checked and it wasn't it was Lauren Daigle than i said 'nope Lauren Daigle" and she said "what's a Lauren Bagel" and i said "a singer" so she said "a singing a bagel why not a singing doughnut" and i thought it was funny so i went that should be my new username... but i don't sing and than i said it on byc and said that and i thought of "Flying Doughnut"

Not real interesting but I've loved canoeing my whole life - usually small, fast mountain streams. Before I got chickens the last time, I was working a job I hated in KC MO. I was about to quit when I got laid off, just before that I learned about the world's longest non-stop canoe race from KC KS to St. Charles, MO. 340 miles. I thought, what better way to go home than by canoe. I did the race. Toughest think I ever volunteered for. Also the only time I floated a river that big, the Missouri.
Then I got chickens again and was building a chicken tractor when I joined BYC. Tractor and Canoe can both be considered means of conveyance so in my strange mind I linked the two.
The avatar is usually one of my Black Penedesencas.

Last edited:
Not real interesting but I've loved canoeing my whole life - usually small, fast mountain streams. Before I got chickens the last time I was working a job I hated in KC MO. I was about to quit when I got laid off, just before that I learned about the world's longest non-stop canoe race from KC KS to St. Charles, MO. 340 miles. I thought, what better way to go home than by canoe. I did the race. Toughest think I ever volunteered for. Also the only time I floated a river that big, the Missouri.
Then I got chickens again and was building a chicken tractor when I joined BYC. Tractor and Canoe can both be considered means of conveyance so in my strange mind I linked the two.
The avatar is usually one of my Black Penedesencas.
I wondered about the canoe part. Great story.

Back
Top Bottom