What's with your user name? And what about that avatar?

clap.gif

We are on page 77, and I only got through the first 15! But I will read more later.... when I have a few hours to spare! haha (I really am dying to know if the reunion occurred!)

My un-creative username... I'm from West Virginia, and I have ducks and chickens... haha! Well, I had 3 ducks when I signed up, and 5 roosters. Thought about duck-a-roo, but I'm a female and will eventually have hens too. My 3 ducks disappeared when we got a foot of snow and my pond froze, but I'm hopig they return at some point. I lost 3 roosters to predators before our coop was finished, but the final two are awesome now. I'm in the process of incubating duck and turkey eggs. (Turkeys will go to my sister-in-law to live). I am new to owning these types of animals, but my husband has wanted to have some for years. I finally gave in. Now the incubating bug has bitten me HARD!

Current avatar, which I like to change occasionally, is my ducks on my pond after a pretty snow.

I love all the stories so far. And since @hennible started this, I must say Silence of the Lambs is one of my all time favs!

Hi JWB. Actually I don't have any birds yet. This is my first, and by far won't be my last venture into hatching and raising chickens. I'm in the process of gathering building materials for my coop as we speak. As for the chickens, I'm going to hatch French Black Copper Marans as well as Blue. I love the color of the eggs (they're just plain cool!) and the rarity of the bird is appealing to me. Literally every question I entered into Google led me to this website and I after reading probably 200 posts I decided I should go ahead and join in as I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions for you folks. I hope you're ready as the questions are coming! :)
Good! I like my Marans hens, but I have only had one very dark egg. The others are lighter and the color washed/rubbed off too easily. I am looking for a FBCM rooster to breed with them as well as some of my EEs and OEs. Ask away at any questions. If we don't know, we usually know someone who does.

Back
Top Bottom