What's wrong w/1 day old's legs? Can they be fixed? :(

Well the cup thing is not working for me. The chick just pulls its legs up to its chest and I'm back to square one. I took some cardboard and cut two leg holes and put that piece of cardboard over a small box. Then I strapped the chick down so it can't go anywhere. Basically it's like one of those swings for young children that have the leg holes. So my question, the legs are dangling and it kicks them around here and there. Should they actually be touching the ground? Or is it better for them to just hang down? Poor little chick! But the little guy sure is a trooper!! I really appreciate all of your advice.

Well I sure hope the little one will be alright!!!! Wish I had some advice for you but I jdk.
hugs.gif
to your chickie

Just an update...seems like this little chick is improving! It's able to stand and kind of walk, but I think it needs to build up it's strength. What a trooper! It sure is amazing how little it can take to 'fix' these little guys. Thanks everyone for your advice!

Great news! I had a chick that had a bad leg (couldn't put any weight on it) and it just corrected itself in about 10 days. Now he looks great and boy can he run!

Back
Top Bottom