What's wrong with her?

obieandhisgirls

Chirping
May 17, 2018
Somewhere in canada
i have a Sussex hen she is almost a year old. About a month ago we had a storm here and when I went to check on them in the morning she was very wobbly when she was walking and was sleepy and she slept a lot too. I thoUgh it was just a cold because she was still eating and drinking and it been about 3 weeks and she is still the same and gave her some antibiotics and they helped a little but not much at all can anyone give me a answer?:confused:

IMG_1642.JPG
Here are some

i have a Sussex hen she is almost a year old.
she was very wobbly when she was walking and was sleepy and she slept a lot too.
been about 3 weeks and she is still the same and gave her some antibiotics and they helped a little but not much at all
She is almost a year old?
Has she ever laid any eggs?
Photos of her poop?

She still looks quite young to me, how long have you had her?
What antibiotic did you give her?
What do you feed?

With more information we may be able to help you. Since she has been like this for about 3wks, still do some basic checks - look for lice/mites, make sure her crop is emptying overnight, get a fecal float to rule out worms and coccidiosis.

She has not started to lay yet and her poop from what I have seen looks fine. We have had her for around 5-6 months. We just give her the basic layer feed with corn. And the antibiotic we gave her was ivermectin.

She has not started to lay yet and her poop from what I have seen looks fine. We have had her for around 5-6 months. We just give her the basic layer feed with corn. And the antibiotic we gave her was ivermectin.
Photos of the POOP?
She looks to be only around 5-6months old to me - did you get her as a baby chick?
How long has she been eating layer feed?

Ivermectin is not an antibiotic, it is an anthelmintic/antiparasitic (used for worms, lice and mites). How much did you give her and how was it administered? Do you have a photo of the product you gave her?

She is very pale and with the other symptoms you describe, I would be inclined to cut out the corn completely, see that she is eating her normal feed. With her being wobbly and sleepy, you may want to consider treating her for Coccidiosis, but getting a fecal float is the best route to take.

Back
Top Bottom