Whats wrong with his wing?

Cjturner

In the Brooder
May 9, 2020
Should my ducks feathers look like this? He is 4 weeks old with a healthy appetite. He acts like a happy duck but his wings look like this. The others that hatched with him dont look like this at all.

Attachments

• 20210511_194850.jpg
    20210511_194850.jpg
    664.6 KB · Views: 25
Should my ducks feathers look like this? He is 4 weeks old with a healthy appetite. He acts like a happy duck but his wings look like this. The others that hatched with him dont look like this at all.
That's from the roosters (mating)

It's completely normal

Please describe what is abnormal about the picture. All I can see are pin feathers which are a natural occurrence and simply indicate a growing feather.

1620785487329.png

https://pacificislandparks.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/meet-the-next-generation-of-nene/

That's from the roosters (mating) completely normal
This is a four-week-old duckling. I doubt there is mating being done by a Rooster, and if there were, one would likely see superficial skin injures - in the pictures, there are only pin feathers.
Even in the case that a rooster was to be mating with a duckling, that would not be considered normal in any scenario.

Last edited:
Oh ok. I thought by rooster mating that it was genetics lol. My bad. There are no roosters here. I just have the 4 ducklings. I guess it's just his feathers growing. The mothers have yellow feathers on their wings and I dont see the pin feathers on them. That's why i was worried.

I only see pin feathers on Tiny Tim (the all black one). Chuck and Darkwing have yellow tips and I dont see pins yet. Must be just growing. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20210511_185250.jpg
    20210511_185250.jpg
    709.4 KB · Views: 9
Please describe what is abnormal about the picture. All I can see are pin feathers which are a natural occurrence and simply indicate a growing feather.

View attachment 2664623
https://pacificislandparks.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/meet-the-next-generation-of-nene/

This is a four-week-old duckling. I doubt there is mating being done by a Rooster, and if there were, one would likely see superficial skin injures - in the pictures, there are only pin feathers.
Even in the case that a rooster was to be mating with a duckling, that would not be considered normal in any scenario.
Thank you. It was pin feathers as I noticed all the other ones are getting them. But now one duckys feathers are sticking out. Is this angel wing? It doesnt seem to hurt. He still likes to sit on my lap and let's me touch them.

Attachments

• 20210516_131159.jpg
    20210516_131159.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20210516_130712.jpg
    20210516_130712.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 12

View attachment 2664623

Just looks like a junior getting his first set of quills in and the feathers are coming in I don't see anything wrong there I have some in the backyard right now they look just like that

If you're concerned that the one duckling Junior Wings tips stick up like that chick your protein intake if you think he's beginning to get angel wing (the 1 w\ feather sticking straight up)

Back
Top Bottom