Whats wrong with my buff?

Eggsistentialist

Songster
Sep 11, 2019
Please help... not sure what is going on with her. Noticed a swollen bump on her right eye last evening. Isolated her overnight. She laid and pooped a normal poop this am. Ate and drank. Now shes super clingy. Looks like right eye is more swollen than left. Crop seems a little hard. Please listen to video for sound shes making. Currently she wants to eat, but not drink. No discharge from eye or nostrils. She is standing in one place. Not sitting or walking and when I pick her up, she perches on my arm and wont let me put her down. We have 22 other chickens in our flock, including the rooster. I'm concerned for them all.

20200711_104956.jpg
20200711_104956.jpg

The swelling has gone down quite a bit. Her crop has softened and she popped a couple of healthy looking poops with remnants of the food she had this morning. So she is digesting. She has perked up a bit. No longer panting or making the noise. I put neosporin on the eye. I think maybe someone pecked her or she got a bug bite. Keeping her isolated to watch her. Shes still a little clingy but not like earlier today

Hi @Eggsistentialist how is your chicken today?
Are her eyes cloudy? Or is that just an illusion of the picture?
Sorry for the late response. Her eyes were clear. After a few days in isolation and some antibiotic ointment, lots of loving and some electrolytes she was herself again. I'm thinking someone must have hurt her eye and she was in pain from the swelling. As soon as it went down, she was a little clingy for a few days, but she's doing well and has no signs of swelling, and is laying like a champ. Our roo, Shakespeare was thrilled to have her back and followed her around for a couple of days, feeding her and keeping the rest from messing with her. Thank you for checking in!🐔

Back
Top Bottom