1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's wrong with my chicken?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sydstead, Feb 16, 2016.

1. sydstead

sydstead New Egg

Feb 16, 2016
    These past couple of weeks I've been noticing my chicken giving me bloody eggs(if any at all) and she's been having a lot of trouble pooing..I don't know what's up with her, but because of the blood the other girls started pecking at her vent area and making it bleed.. I baracaded her from the others so she can't get any more hurt.. She is in the coop with the chickens but in a smaller cage..I will provide pictures as reference.. Do you happen to know what going on with her, and how to fix it? Thank you in advance[​IMG]

2. Paganrose

Paganrose Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2010
    Albany,, Wisconsin
    Welcome to Byc!

I am so sorry you are having this issue. It is a good thing to have her separated. Is she showing any other signs of distress? not eating/drinking, weight loss, bloating, lethargic? I now I am not much for help with chicken diseases- If you post on the emergency thread you should get more help.

You may also be able to find some helpful info in the learning center.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. I don't have any experience with the issue you mention, but i just searched here on BYC and there's some threads and resources that may help answer your question. Here it is:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/newsearch?search=bloody+eggs

All the best
    CT

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Please don't have her in with the other birds, as long as they see red they will continue to go after her possibly resulting in cannibalism. The others have given great links to your problem. Hope you find the solution.

7. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft! Premium Member

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. How's your girl doing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by