What's Wrong With My Flock?!

I got my baytril off the vet.. Do you have a vet near you?. I too want to keep my original flock and hatch some chicks next spring so hope its cleared by then.. 2 of my chickens are still laying eggs but i have to chuck them out! I only have 3 that are laying so its annoying lol.. I put stuff under there wings too and it worked... Ive been bathing there eyes with eye wash and drops and that seems to be working as the swelling is going down... Even if your flock dosnt have coryza and has some other respitary desease baytril is still an antibiotic to use.... Hows your worse chicken today? Tracy x

Ilovemyladies! :

@nicole01- how old were your chickens & how much was the meds?

4 weeks and younger. I'm shocked to this day they lived! I used the 250mg fish mox caps and sprinkled a little bit on wet food. I'm not sure what the dosage is for adults. I put 2 drops vitamins down their beak twice daily. I'm sure the vitamins helped out tremendously. I tried putting the vitamins in the water, but I felt they were not getting enough. The probios was also sprinkled in their wet mash.

My sickest chicks couldn't stand up for two days. They hung out under the lamp. Luckily, they would eat the wet mash if it was in front of them. I wish you the best of luck!

Mine got brooder pneumonia from dumping their water dish and getting cold all night.​

The flock that has it range from 10 weeks to 22 weeks... When you see the vet let her know theres more than 1 chicken that has it otherwise you will only get enough medicine for 1 chicken. Let me know when you get it...

You can only use 1 antibiotic, i would ask the vet which one but my guess it will be baytril...at least with baytril your covering a lot of deseases.... So pleased the sneezing and coughing has stopped.. Ive just been bathing my chickens eye and given 5 there medicine today, i cant catch the other ones so might have to wait till tonight when there in bed.. Ive been puting vitamins in there water and a little bit of suger too... Cant wait for this to finish! X

Me either!!! We have to keep each other updated!!
smile.png

So can I use Baytril and Probiotics-Electrolytes in their water also?

Ha ha feel like i know you already. We will get through this together! Ill keep looking in my medical books and scouring the internet... Yes you can use antibiotics and electrolites together...one of mine has just come out of her house and started eating
big_smile.png
she only started on baytril yesterday!! Ive been searching on line somewhere we can buy baytril from but cant seem to find any without a prescription..x

Back
Top Bottom