1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Whats wrong with my hen?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ladyomaha, Dec 23, 2011.

1. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    I have a Hen who is like coughing, Sneezing, Not sure what but keeps making a high squeeking sound. Sounds real odd to me, never heard it before. What is wrong with her?

2. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    1. First, separate her from your other chickens. Make sure she has food and water available, but is not "sharing the same air" with your other birds.

2. Use the BYC search box (up there on the right) and type in "coughing hen." You'll find lots of information and suggestions for a treatment for her. Good luck!

3. OregonChickenGal

OregonChickenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Central Oregon
    My hens will periodically do that also. I think that sometimes they eat a feather or who knows what. Mine will do it for awhile, then it goes away. If there is no other symptoms it may be just that. Keep a close eye out just in case.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by