What's wrong with my new babies? :( pic included

A small farm that we'd gotten newborn chicks before from that were healthy, but as I said, these were a little dirty. Also, I think I notice some feathers missing off of one of the baby's shoulders.

Quote:
need it WARMER. Like a LOT. Put a small thermometer in there- shoot for 95*

Also, cook some eggs, and put marbles in their water so they have something to peck at. I would even put a little red food color in the eggs to get their attention...
poults are so fragile. such a bummer really, but it's true. After 4 weeks they are pretty darn set, but before that, the mortality rate, even for seemingly healthy birds is very high.
good luck
christina

I checked on them this morning and there was NO change. They still just...layed there. I tried to water them and they refused it--same with food. But suddenly something strange happened. I set one down and it blinked for a second and started peeping loudly, It got up and began to ran into their box's walls over and over, this prompted the other ones to 'wake up' and scream in horror to slam themsleves up against the wall as well.

Well now I'm confused.

But they're up at least--albeit terrified.

The box they were in on the way home was a little box with windows on either side stuffed with newspaper.

They've stopped freaking out now and are laying down in a big huddle in the corner, now.

I want to say thank you very much to all who have replied! I'm not positive they're getting better, but everyone's been so helpful and nice! Thanks again! I'll try to keep updated.

Back
Top Bottom