Whats wrong with my roosters feet?

Christina l

Hatching
Dec 7, 2020
Does anyone know what might be wrong with my roosters feet? I have 17 chickens, multiple feather footed and his feet are the only ones like this. Coop is clean and my area has been in a severe drought so not due to excess moisture. Thanks for any help and advice.

Attachments

• IMG_8611.jpg
    IMG_8611.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8612.jpg
    IMG_8612.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 3
If you repost the photos and select "full size" instead of thumbnail, we can then zoom in and see more detail. Also, it would help if you would articulate what it is about his feet that concerns you.

Where are you located? Is it spring or fall where your are?

How old is this rooster? Have you checked his legs for scaly leg mites? Look for the scales to be lifting up and away from the leg.

It's fall Im in central California. Between his toes and on side of feet are red, inflamed, and look very irritated.

Attachments

• IMG_8611.jpg
    IMG_8611.jpg
    492 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8612.jpg
    IMG_8612.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 5
Did you cut the feathers off feet? It looks like someones been pecking feet feathers.
I haven't cut the feathers. I have never seen him peck (but that doesn't mean he isn't) and he is the top rooster so no one messes with him. I don't think its pecking because between his toes are red and irritated as well.

I think there is pecking going on those feathers look pecked. He could be doing it himself. I would look him over real well for mites or lice. Watch him awhile see if you can catch the pecking.

Back
Top Bottom