Whats wrong with my silkies' Feathers?

Whatever it is it's ADORABLE!!
love.gif

Quote:
Well, and I am certainly not a Silkie expert, but I am of the understanding that is one of the absolute most basic traits of a Silkie and it is impossible to have one without black skin. They also have black meat and bones if I am not mistaken?

the black skin and meat are highly prized by some asian cultures. My Hmong and Laotian warehouse guys were enthralled by the black silkies I brought in once and now several of them raise them for sale within their community. Yes, some of them get eaten, but boy do they have incredibly pampered lives up to then.

Quote:
Well, and I am certainly not a Silkie expert, but I am of the understanding that is one of the absolute most basic traits of a Silkie and it is impossible to have one without black skin. They also have black meat and bones if I am not mistaken?

It is not impossible to got them without black skin, infact, it's not uncommon in hatchery stock. They can have any shade from black to white to yellow. Anything lighter than mulberry is a DQ.

Quote:

It is not impossible to got them without black skin, infact, it's not uncommon in hatchery stock. They can have any shade from black to white to yellow. Anything lighter than mulberry is a DQ.

i had a few silkies kept for meat and when they ere plucked they had black and yellow patchy skin? they were definitely very healthy birds. but anyhow i think this chick is a frizzle.

Back
Top Bottom