What's wrong with Nepnep?

ArianDolympia

Songster
Jan 29, 2019
Hello everyone,
Last night , I found my 9 mos old EE, Nepnep on the coop floor. This morning, she was just laying down on her belly. Her comb is pale. She. has no appetite and her poop is bright yellow and green and she is a little bit lethargic. I can't take her to the Vet now due to financial difficulties . Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance.

Hello everyone,
Last night , I found my 9 mos old EE, Nepnep on the coop floor. This morning, she was just laying down on her belly. Her comb is pale. She. has no appetite and her poop is bright yellow and green and she is a little bit lethargic. I can't take her to the Vet now due to financial difficulties . Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much in advance.
Has she recently been laying eggs, and were they normal? Can you post any pictures of her or her poop? Is her tail position down or upward? Try to get her drinking some water, and Poultry NutriDrench or electrolytes would be good. Green poop may be from not eating enough. If the normally white urates are yellow, that can be a sign of liver disease or water belly.

Her breath doesn't smell bad. Her crop is empty. She drank a little this morning. No appetite. Her butt was little poopy and I cleaned het up. Which Antibiotic should I give her and how much? Thank you.

Attachments

• 20210730_114547.jpg
    20210730_114547.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20210730_114534.jpg
    20210730_114534.jpg
    573.3 KB · Views: 4
Her green poop indicates that she has not been eating much. The light part or urates may just look yellow due to the green bile in her poop. You could take a stick and see if the urates are white under the poop, or if they are yellow. Is her lower belly between her legs swollen or enlarged? If she has a reproductive disorder, amoxicillin (Fish Mox, Aqua-Mox, sold online or in some feed stores) can be used to treat her. Dosage is 125-250 mg given orally twice a day for 7-10 days. Baytril is sometimes prescribed by vets.

Look her over for any soiling or maggots around her vent, and any lice or mites. I would offer a small amount of wet chicken feed and scrambled egg or tuna to tempt her to eat a little. Water is most important.

Back
Top Bottom