What's wrong with these eggs?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by jackiedon, Oct 10, 2008.

1. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Sunday I was staying with my parent to give my sister a break. I was cooking breakfast. I was cooking eggs, store bought because my parent won't eat fresh eggs, when my DD walks up and asked "yuck what's wrong with those eggs?" I told her nothing. She answered yes there is look at those yolks they are light yellow they are suppose to be almost orange. I laughed and told her this is what store bought eggs look like and she informed me she didn't ever want to eat store bought eggs.

jackie

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Smart girl!

3. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I hope she said it loud and clear so she was overheard. [​IMG]

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Ahhh yes....the " sunny side" of store bought eggs. Smart girl you have there. We like our eggs " Pumpkin"

5. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    I've never eaten my hen's eggs. Call me old school. I like my store bought eggs.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  6. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

If we go somewhere for breakfast, the kids always want to take some of our eggs along and ask them to cook ours because they are fresh! Of course, that probably wouldn't be allowed, but they will not eat store bought!
    I made deviled eggs for my daughters b-day party for the first time last year from our fresh eggs and some family that we don't see that often were here. I asked them if they would like some deviled eggs and they were all nervous about eating them! So finally my cousin picks one up and takes a bite. She says "Mmmm, these taste like real eggs!! This year everyone dug right in, but it is funny. My brother WILL NOT eat our eggs and neither will his wife..they said they aren't pasteurized like the ones int he stores!!

7. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    In CANADA store bought eggs are NOT pasteurized

8. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    could we 'pasteurized' our eggs with a dance?? Just kidding!
    I just makes me crazy sometimes, it is 2008 we should be smarter now! Some one told me, my eggs we not processed, and I asked them how I should process them, and they couldn't answer. That's ok, I have other customers, I like her and thought she would like the better tasting eggs. I live in a university town and there is no shortage of the "huh" factor! Some people you can't make happy!

9. Linda in San Diego

Linda in San Diego Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    San Diego
    Hey, just tell him that they are "past your eyes" eggs. Simple pass them in front of your eyes!
    Bad sign language joke - hope it translates ok!

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We won;t eat store bought eggs anymore for a few reasons. Taste, quality and the way the birds are treated. Dispicable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by