What's wrong with these eggs?

jackiedon

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Central Arkansas
Sunday I was staying with my parent to give my sister a break. I was cooking breakfast. I was cooking eggs, store bought because my parent won't eat fresh eggs, when my DD walks up and asked "yuck what's wrong with those eggs?" I told her nothing. She answered yes there is look at those yolks they are light yellow they are suppose to be almost orange. I laughed and told her this is what store bought eggs look like and she informed me she didn't ever want to eat store bought eggs.

jackie

I hope she said it loud and clear so she was overheard.
lol.png

If we go somewhere for breakfast, the kids always want to take some of our eggs along and ask them to cook ours because they are fresh! Of course, that probably wouldn't be allowed, but they will not eat store bought!
I made deviled eggs for my daughters b-day party for the first time last year from our fresh eggs and some family that we don't see that often were here. I asked them if they would like some deviled eggs and they were all nervous about eating them! So finally my cousin picks one up and takes a bite. She says "Mmmm, these taste like real eggs!! This year everyone dug right in, but it is funny. My brother WILL NOT eat our eggs and neither will his wife..they said they aren't pasteurized like the ones int he stores!!

could we 'pasteurized' our eggs with a dance?? Just kidding!
I just makes me crazy sometimes, it is 2008 we should be smarter now! Some one told me, my eggs we not processed, and I asked them how I should process them, and they couldn't answer. That's ok, I have other customers, I like her and thought she would like the better tasting eggs. I live in a university town and there is no shortage of the "huh" factor! Some people you can't make happy!

Back
Top Bottom