1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What's wrong with this picture...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Jul 23, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    We get home under a huge thunder storm (the chick's 1st thunder storm while in the coop)...so I run inside the house, let my dogs out...OMG they dogs were freaking out!! Poor doggies. They are a sheperd and a lab mix, both shaking like a chiwawa (spel)....so now I'm really worried.....I run to the coop under the rain, and there they were....all 7 babies...hmm eatting and playing around. They stopped eatting and looked at me like "hey why are you out there under that wet stuff!!!?" [​IMG]

So my "big mean dogs" were all scared while my babies were all relaxed!! hahahaha

2. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Soo cool! [​IMG]

3. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    Awesome... [​IMG] My dogs are the same way. [​IMG] Silly puppies. I wonder what my chickens do when it thunderstorms... [​IMG]

4. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    apparently mine eat! lol

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] You gotta love it!

6. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    My dogs do the same. They are scared of a thunderstorm while the chickens seem to love poor weather.

7. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    they love poor weather. Correction; they love foul weather [​IMG]

8. lowry075

lowry075 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    Southern California
    Quote:
    [​IMG]

9. JennH07

JennH07 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Hastings, MI
    We had a huge thunder storm last evening, all my big chicks were under the coop and the 3 14 week old were standing in the down pour looking at the coop hoping for a invitation to come under it from the big girls. I tried chasing them into their own coop, but to no avail. They wanted in with the big girls, boy were they soaked. Boy was I soaked for that matter. But my kids thought I was awesome for going out into the lightning to save their chicks.

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Mine walk around in it, looking like they just got out of a washing machine, while the dog shakes in a corner....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by