~*What's Your Chickens "Drug" of choice*~

Mother_Hen2011

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
New Mexico
My hens have this strange addiction to styrafoam... We live on almost 2 1/2 acreas of land and they free range alot of the time (Depending on the weather of course.
tongue.png
) Anyways, I have cleaned most of the free ranging spots but they have since found new spots they can get to and I havent been able to get it all cleaned up. Of course there is styrafoam over in the new spot thats how they found it lol. I have taken the styrafoam away from them and even had to chase them down to get it away from them lol. Darn chickens
tongue.png

I call it their drug of choice
smile.png
Because they seem to really love it alot...

Anyways, I was just wondering what are your ladies and gents "drug" of choice?

Mine love Grapes and Styrafoam. ROFL

lau.gif

Quote:
OMG I actually removed a big styrofoam piece from my house (under a bay window, what was left of it) because the birds would NOT stop eating it! I had to chase them down to give it up! Now I think I'd better re-insulate that bay window, but I don't know with what, and maybe properly finish it so the birds can't get it.
he.gif

Better watch out if you bring grapes out... They also love sunflower seed. If one starts jumping up at a sunflower head, then all the girls come running to get the seeds that drop off.
110764_ashley_grapes.jpg

Omgosh my ladies love my rings lol
tongue.png
If my wedding band goes missing atleast I will have a good excuse
tongue.png
My chickens ate it
tongue.png
rofl its hilarious to imagine someone chasing a chicken to give them back a hunk of styrafoam roflmao

my 5 girls once quickly snatched a fresh water pearl bracelet off of my wrist and cleaned them up in seconds.
The next day they gave me "pearly POOPS"
lol.png

My girls love their special treat mix- oatmeal, eggshell & corn scratch mixed in a coffee can. They get a handfull for their bedtime snack
smile.png

Wow they ate your bracelet? rofl Oh that made me laugh
Mine dont liek oatmeal but boy they will tear you a new one if you dont give them some green grapes rofl

Back
Top Bottom