What's Your Chicken's Favorite Hangout Spot?

BigMoma3

Songster
May 16, 2019
TN
Calling out to everyone to post their chickens' all time favorite hangout spots! Crazy, chic, or one you wish you had yourself!

I have a ninebark bush in my chicken run that has weeping branches, and my flock of 18 pullets and cockrells have established it as the new "hangout" spot. You wouldn't think they'd all fit, but they are determined little boogers. Now when I open their coop door they make a dash to it and sprawl out underneath just chillin. Of course they had to start coming out when I broke out the camera.

Hoping to see some awesome pics of everyone else's chicken hangout joints!

20210604_155933.jpg

20210604_155921.jpg

20210604_155948.jpg

My 8-week-olds hang out in the narrow space between their mini-coop and the inner curtain fence or else they perch up on top of the shelter for their feeder.

The Ladies are usually on or under the pallet on blocks or else they're tucked up against the coop in the corner where the big shed gives them some extra shade on a hot afternoon.

I don't free range mine much because there is a resident pair of red tailed hawks on my property. But when I do they like to either go on the deck or in this place where I have a massive snowball bush that has layered itself many times and is like 25 feet wide. All sorts of places for them to explore in there, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom