Whats YOUR Dog's Name?

Denahi ( pronounced Denahee) he is a Bernese Mountain Dog.. We also have a Basset Hound named Misty.. My next Dogs name is going to be Sunjun lol

Last edited:
My so really likes basset hounds a lot... I have just read and been told they are hard headed dogs and keep a doggy odor. Do you find this true with yours? I also worry since our yard isn't fenced it would catch a scent and be gone. Our Boston never leaves the yard he knows his boundaries and never ever pushes them and always comes Immediately when called. I love looking at bassets though :) I just don't know if they would be a good breed for us. I'm trying to consider since I know SO would really love one.

Here's my pack of puplets:
First there is Boo, a 9yr old Lab/Rottie mix
Then there is Raven, 12 yr old Rottie/Beagle mix
Rock, 3 yr old GSD
And last, but certainly not least...Izzy, 1 yr old APBT

My so really likes basset hounds a lot... I have just read and been told they are hard headed dogs and keep a doggy odor. Do you find this true with yours? I also worry since our yard isn't fenced it would catch a scent and be gone. Our Boston never leaves the yard he knows his boundaries and never ever pushes them and always comes Immediately when called. I love looking at bassets though :) I just don't know if they would be a good breed for us. I'm trying to consider since I know SO would really love one.[/quote

]Hi noahsmom one of my sons name is Noah too lol... Our Basset will not stay in the yard. She will not listen to commands unless she thinks you have some kind of treat she plays stupid but she is very smart. You should have a fenced in yard for a Basset and I would suggest the door you let them out open to it. (More bc it's easy for your daily life) and mine needs a bath regularly. but!!..!!..!!. Bassets are the sweetest snuggliest dogs ever! They are good with kids! She doesn't mess with the cat or the chickens. I would consider having another Basset hound.

Gotti (Doberman rescue). His sister is "Princess", another dobe.

Our dog is my shadow and constant companion, a Weimaraner named Jack.

He is the best dog! Good with kids, babies, cats, chickens, guinea pigs....when our chickens where little and still in the house they would fly on his back(I wish I had taken a picture of it) he just stood there patiently waiting for them to get down. He loved having the chicks in the house and would spend all his time watching them.

Diogee is out geriatric border collie, master level in flyball and agility, good canine citizen, therapy dog, reading dog

Emmie is our rescue....pain in the bum, out of her shell now and lover of children.

we think she could be sibu x chi but who knows

Bone-eat-a -- (say it fast)
She's my pretty, Black Lab/GSD with a white, sort of bone shaped marking on her chest. The name really fits her.

Mr. Shadwick Mauser -- Our GSD -- Shadwick (in honor of Shad, a GSD I rescued 30 years ago) and Mauser (from the German rifle), we call him Mauser

Then there is Buck -- herding dog/Chow/? mix -- he likes to herd, has black spots on his tongue and already had that name

Gruff -- sight hound/yellow Lab?/? mix -- imagine a greyhound face and ears, but with a broad skull, deeply chested like a greyhound, but overall a stocky dog, and gazelle thin legs. Yeah I know, its hard to imagine. He already had that name.

Last but not least -- Gus -- Great Pyrenees. He had that name when we got him.

Dale-Ann
gotta love the Bonita play on words

Back
Top Bottom