Whats YOUR Dog's Name?

Elvis and Ozzy :) Ozzy is deaf. Love them! they just turned 8 months today
love.gif

Ozzy taking a nap :)

Elvis checking out the duck brooder

Ozzy loves looking out the window :)

I'm getting "the look"

notice the different colors? Ozzy is a Liver (brown) dalmatian and Elvis is a black.

this is them at 8 weeks old...notice Elvis doesn't have many spots at all.

Last edited:
Elvis and Ozzy :) Ozzy is deaf. Love them! they just turned 8 months today :love Ozzy taking a nap :) Elvis checking out the duck brooder Ozzy loves looking out the window :) I'm getting "the look" notice the different colors? Ozzy is a Liver (brown) dalmatian and Elvis is a black. this is them at 8 weeks old...notice Elvis doesn't have many spots at all.
Your babies are beautiful! They look like they have eyeliner on. Is that how Ozzy got his name? LOL

We are on a slow search for another dog, I'm just so confused on which breed to choose. I want something medium/large - xlarge.
I want something that will match my bostons always playful personality too, I really think a Boxer would be a good choice...But I'm just not sure.
Dobermans REALLY have my eye, as well as GSD's and then there is standard poodles or doodles. We don't plan to bring another dog into the picture for some time, but I always research for a long time before I make any decisions, so.

We are on a slow search for another dog, I'm just so confused on which breed to choose. I want something medium/large - xlarge.
I want something that will match my bostons always playful personality too, I really think a Boxer would be a good choice...But I'm just not sure.
Dobermans REALLY have my eye, as well as GSD's and then there is standard poodles or doodles. We don't plan to bring another dog into the picture for some time, but I always research for a long time before I make any decisions, so.
While I'm partial to GSDs (only breed for me) what are you wanting out of the dog? Companion only? Any type of work? What is your family's lifestyle, are you active or hang out at home watching movies type of people?

While I'm partial to GSDs (only breed for me) what are you wanting out of the dog? Companion only? Any type of work? What is your family's lifestyle, are you active or hang out at home watching movies type of people?
We are half and half I guess, during warm weather we are active, but during the colder months we stay in more. However, I am constantly making play time for our boston every day to play indoors when its nasty out. We do fetch, training sessions, just rough housing in general etc.,.. to keep him mentally and physically active.
He or she would be a companion, would prefer a friendly watch dog, Our boston is always on alert lol but he would just lick you to death, but the alert is enough to keep ouselves alert of what might be lurking around.I don't mind an aloof dog, just as long as its a breed not known for being to aggressive with strangers. I know proper socialization plays a role in that too.
During warmer months, its fishing, hiking around, going to out to more stores "dog friendly", getting on our boat etc.,.. all places where the dogs are invited. But winter, like I said won't be as active outdoors. I think I can still please a high energy breed, not sure if I can please a dog who has a working drive, who needs something to do daily though.

BOXERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

we are boxer poeple... cant get a better dog: intelligent, playful, friendly, medium sized, can be handled, not too large, or too delicate, smooth haired, only drawbacks are the health issues: heart, cancers, hips, and some other boxer genetic problems: jaw under/over hung, allergies...

pics of my beloved NALA: daugher of a male IDF (israeli defense force) male, and Tara, an IDF working boxer (border patrol/bomb squad), she was supposed to remain with her family, but in the end, since i had driven four hours down south to the desert to come and see her, they relented, after seeing how i was with her. my kids fell in love with her, we started doing the first agility in israel,unofficially, i built my own stuff... by the time agility actually came over seas, she had joint problems, etc. ; an amazing guard dog, with an amazing bark, the only drawback was she became dog aggressive since she was leashed but most dogs here werent, so they would go for her; and also, many many people here are afraid of boxers, thinking they are related to rotties, and also going back to germany ww2 use of dogs on people. so they would throw rocks or sticks or kick at her, and she would react. Nala died of heart failure (cardiac myopothy , nowadays in israel they are checked).

later in life, we got NERO; a rescue from FINLAND from a famous breeder who had him returned to her after being abandoned in a pension kennel (dog hotel). she didnt need an other male for stud, and i had wanted a pup from her but coldnt afford to buy, so i paid the airfare only and he came over... he had major behavior issues, that the breeder had worked on some: he apparently was partially trained in search and rescue but also in attack methods, w/o learning commands like 'LEAVE IT', or OFF. so here, in a country wehre everyone is in the army and carries weapons, he was constantly going for men who even so much as raised a stick. it took six months of crate training and help from an american boxer forum to help retrain/reshape his behavior. he became the most gentlmanly boxer i have ever met. he to died of cancer. after his death, nala spent almost a month looking for him, smelling him all over in the corners of the kibbutz fields and in the house. then we adopted FOOFOO the nut case pshyciatric case lhasa apso. raised with goats, nursed on teats. raised in an arabic speaking househould that spoiled him to death, he developed napolean syndrome and became too much to handle. his owner , a young guy that is like a son in my house, gave himto me to deal with. mostly a sweet and very good guard dog, still has some minor agressive reactions to certain people, and all strangers that come inside w/o me first putting him in his place. foofoo means fluffy, in thai. foofoo hates all tall white males (like my ex, haha), but has absolutely no problems with asians male or female. (hubby is thai). FOOFOO has a lot of personality; intelligence, and in other circumstances, might even work well in agility, although missing an eye (removed). we read eachothers minds, really well. i love him to death, he is really special but not everyone's cup of tea. also, amazingly healthy.
then when nala died, foofoo was alone, so hubby, like many thais, thinks that all animals should be paired, so i went and bought LILEE the lhasa, a rare breed in this country, because of their 'guard dog/ independant' type personality (not just decorative animals). she is sort of bland, good natured, personable, nothing special but cute.
in addition we had BUNJEE for a year or so, after he was adopted by someone from a family going over seas. a quivery thin tall fox/rat terrier/jack russel type. then he came to us. he blossomed, but my two refused to let him have any corner or food to himself and harrassed him. he moved himself over to my ex in laws' house with their large samoyed mix, the dogs fell in love, and were insaparable. second owner finally got own house, took bunjee back, than a year later, co workers , to get revenge for some thng the owner did, came and burnt his car, and bunjee and an other small dog were burnt to death as well, as they were in the same garage area. (middle east land of eye for an eye).
along the way, had a canaan X golden ret. mix , LIBI, our petting zoo guard dog (cable dog). an amazing *****, an amazing breed. we had,TUVIA, (grt.dane/boxer mix), HAMOI (a black pup from libi), PANDA (husky miz), and various other pups that were thrown out and we rescued them at the petting zoo, until we had to farm them out to other people when we closed down....
sorry for the long post/ pics in next post.

nala and nero, he is in the back, a european type boxer; she is israeli, and her nose is better for dealing with our heat. he sufferred from the heat.

nala as an old lady, my eldest had jsut been called in to the army (19 yrs old), and nala really really missed her. and my daughter had a hard time when we had to give nala her 'death do us part' shot, when she couldnt breath anymore...foofoo still with both eyes, having a lhasa moment. and lilee, having a typical lilee moment, with bunjee before she became 'house proud'...(when she hit age two, she became THE BOSS.).

AND LIBI with a litter... libi means: 'my heart' in hebrew; an amazing amazing dog, survived most of the other long forgotten cable dogs thru poison, rare snows, once, a little girl got lost in the amusement park, and no one could find her. as i was leaving my area, i went to say good night and check dogs' water, bedding and cables. the little girl was curled up in side libi's dog house with libi sitting outside on guard. libi would attack anyone that seemed a threat to her, the emplyees' or sheep;/goat rustlers. wonderful with small children, territorial to a fault, cat like in personality, strong and healthy, NATURAL type dogs... the canaan dog (not the showy ones nowadays but hte original half feral types).

if yall can pray for my house hold. we have 2 dogs now. scrappy a cori, and fluffy a golden retreiver. we lost our male golden (bo) last night. he was 8 years old.
thanks in advance
travis

Last edited:
Milla is a 14 month old working line shepherd from Czech lines:

Kya is my almost 13 year old American showline shepherd:

And then there is Phinneas, he just kind of ended up here as a 3 week old orphan. Not my breed but he is the "man" of the house. As you can see he has it rough:

Here's another pic of my darling Dakota(5 years old) with one of his subjects. We also have a yellow lab named Luke (6 years old) and a Shih-tzu named Patches. Patches will be 13 this year, and she still chases squirrels and cats, and is obsessed with live fish. We have a pond, and the first small fish we catch always goes to her. One time, one of us out on the pond in a canoe caught a fish, and Patches, who was on the shore, literally jumped in and swam to the boat! She loves to carry it around and paw at it. When she's finished playing with it, Luke or Kota have themselves a fish dinner. She doesn't act much like a prim little shih-tzu lap dog. We keep her hair cut short for obvious reasons, it would hinder her from being the farm dog she thinks she is.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom