What's your experience with Omlet Walk-In Runs?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Hey guys! I'm getting an 9x13x6 Omlet run soon to replace my broken/rusty Amazon run and I was wondering for people who own one (or people who don't) what their experiences with it are? What modifications if any should I perform on it? Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

For reference my area has little to no predatory threat other than the occasional stray cat. Hurricane season is starting so there may be days of extremely heavy wind or heavy rainfall in the horizon.

Don’t expect much response - I asked my first question about wintering chickens in an Omlet coop and the only responses I got were people telling me not to get one… anyhoo… we got the Cube with the 9 foot run and it's been wonderful. Very sturdy.. a neighbor’s large dog decided he wanted to play with the chickens and the run repelled him beautifully. But if we had to do it again, we’d get the walk-in - we’re a little old for all the bending.

If you go to the the support section of the Omlet website, they have a very nice “ambassador” program where you can connect with people who have the setup you’re interested in. The person(s) you communicate with will also send you a coupon good for a discount on your purchase. Good luck!

Don’t expect much response - I asked my first question about wintering chickens in an Omlet coop and the only responses I got were people telling me not to get one… anyhoo… we got the Cube with the 9 foot run and it's been wonderful. Very sturdy.. a neighbor’s large dog decided he wanted to play with the chickens and the run repelled him beautifully. But if we had to do it again, we’d get the walk-in - we’re a little old for all the bending.

If you go to the the support section of the Omlet website, they have a very nice “ambassador” program where you can connect with people who have the setup you’re interested in. The person(s) you communicate with will also send you a coupon good for a discount on your purchase. Good luck!
I don't think a lot of people here are against omlet. They're great quality. I think is just ou can build so much better for the price. The price is ridiculous.

For improvement I would definitely add skirting. I suggest that for every run, no matter the brand. I'm not sure how big the openings are on the run but if they're bigger that 1/2 in then I would also add hardware cloth around it, at least the first few feet up from the ground. Many predators will reach through and grab your chicken trying to pull them through.

Hey guys! I'm getting an 9x13x6 Omlet run soon to replace my broken/rusty Amazon run and I was wondering for people who own one (or people who don't) what their experiences with it are? What modifications if any should I perform on it? Pictures would be greatly appreciated!

For reference my area has little to no predatory threat other than the occasional stray cat. Hurricane season is starting so there may be days of extremely heavy wind or heavy rainfall in the horizon.
I got the large coop with the 6 foot extension and then added the 6 x 9 walk in extension. I am a big fan of the Omlet brand because the quality of their products exceeded my expectations. I have read the negative comments others have written but I find no truth in them for my own experience. I keep 10 bantam chickens in my set up and all are doing great. I did have to add the 1/2 inch hardware cloth around the perimeter to keep predators from sticking their hands in but that was a easy adjustment. The whole set up is sturdy and goes well with the landscape.
In my opinion you made a great choice… hope you love your new set up as much as I do mine.

Attachments

• 249264F4-682E-46E2-8B54-2696892A82F0.jpeg
    249264F4-682E-46E2-8B54-2696892A82F0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 5E31F5FF-BC6A-4902-AEBB-1B975F397BC8.jpeg
    5E31F5FF-BC6A-4902-AEBB-1B975F397BC8.jpeg
    986.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 6985AA41-ADEA-4805-A908-750F8218C304.jpeg
    6985AA41-ADEA-4805-A908-750F8218C304.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 33
  • A7C0899C-88D4-4A13-BAB1-75897D917AB3.jpeg
    A7C0899C-88D4-4A13-BAB1-75897D917AB3.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 36
I got the large coop with the 6 foot extension and then added the 6 x 9 walk in extension. I am a big fan of the Omlet brand because the quality of their products exceeded my expectations. I have read the negative comments others have written but I find no truth in them for my own experience. I keep 10 bantam chickens in my set up and all are doing great. I did have to add the 1/2 inch hardware cloth around the perimeter to keep predators from sticking their hands in but that was a easy adjustment. The whole set up is sturdy and goes well with the landscape.
In my opinion you made a great choice… hope you love your new set up as much as I do mine.
This is such a lovely setup :)

Back
Top Bottom