whats your farovite everyday cookie recipe?

ams3651

Songster
12 Years
Jan 23, 2008
NE PA
I have the usual stuff on hand, oatmeal, peanutbutter, mineature m&ms. Do you have a simple everyday recipe? Told SO I would make them from scratch this time instead of taking them off the cardboard and placing them on the baking sheet which I do say I baked, because I did.
wink.png

Basic cookie dough:

2 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 c butter (2 sticks)
3/4 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 eggs
+
2 cups of whatever you want: Chocolate chips, m&m's, choc chunx, white chocolate...
+
3/4 c nuts (optional)

Mix and drop by heaping tablespoonfuls on ungreased sheet

350 F for 10-15 min

I've also got great recipes for chocolate cookies w/ PB chips or choc chip oatmeal cookies, granola bars, choc chip cookies with pudding in the batter...

Snickerdoodles. Will have to look up recipe and post later. The only "unusual" thing I need to have on hand for those is cream of tartar. Those are what I make when I want cookies and don't have the bells and whistles on hand. DH likes oatmeal cookies so those would be my second choice.

Last edited:
Quote:
He likes chocolate and peanut butter, I was thinking oatmeal peanut butter and the mini m&ms

Paula Deen's Peanut Butter Cookies. So very simple, so very delicious!!
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Roll dough into balls. Put on cookie sheet. With a fork, make criss cross design on tops and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 12 minutes.

**I made a batch of these and my DH took them to work. A guy there asked for a batch for himself so I made them and he paid me $10.00 for them!!! Guess he really liked them too!!!

He likes chocolate and peanut butter, I was thinking oatmeal peanut butter and the mini m&ms

Yummmmmmm.......peanut butter ANYTHING is tooooooo good. You are making me want to bake cookies now!!!!​

Chickaroo! :

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet. Combine peanut butter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Roll dough into balls. Put on cookie sheet. With a fork, make criss cross design on tops and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 12 minutes.

**I made a batch of these and my DH took them to work. A guy there asked for a batch for himself so I made them and he paid me $10.00 for them!!! Guess he really liked them too!!!

OMG those are the best cookies I have eaten in a long time.
woot.gif
woot.gif

Thank you for posting them.

Mindy​

Chickaroo! :

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 t. Vanilla

No flour??​

Back
Top Bottom