What's your favorite Bible verse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. I don't think I could pick a favorite off the top of my head. There are too many great ones.

But I HAD to share this.

It's a MUST watch!
gig.gif

Auskittle Rev 21 is also one of my favorites! Great verse.

Matthew 10:29-31: Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

And the one I have listed below.

I can't type...

1 Corinthians..not colossians...

Don't ask me how I got an L instead of an R...I blame foolishness...but it is interesting how the discussion went....

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I memorized this verse when I was 13.

Quote:
Mine is close to that - Romans 8:38-39:

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I'm glad I joined this forum. I found it originally looking for chicken resources, but am so glad there's such a Christian presence here. I call myself Christian for sure, but I struggle to walk the walk at times. This place is a good influence, bless you all :)

Chris

Last edited:
I like the Song of Songs from the Hebrew bible. Here's some background info, and examples:

The Hebrew Bible contains a particularly puzzling little book known as the Song of Songs. It is also known as the Song of Solomon or as Canticles. The book appears to be a collection of poetry on the theme of human love. It is often frankly erotic. The poems typically presuppose two primary figures: a male lover and a female lover. Like much poetry, its polysemy makes it both evocative and enigmatic. At some early point before our first explicit citation of it, it was seen as an allegory for God's love. It was "the most frequently interpreted book of medieval Christianity" (Ann Matter) and it inspired a great many medieval Jewish commentaries as well. The Song of Songs has played a fascinating role in Western culture. It has been a test case and a workshop for allegorical method. It has been a mainstay of asceticism and an impetus for mysticism.

Some examples-
1:2 Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth--for thy love is better than wine.

2:2 As a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.

2:11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

2:17 Until the day breathe, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a gazelle or a young hart upon the mountains of spices.

Two ancient pieces of this text- separated for centuries- were recently reunited, and are on display in Jerusalem with the Dead Sea Scrolls​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom