What's your favorite book?

Other than the Good Book, my favourite is The Chrysalids by John Wyndham; I usually pick it up whenever I see it at garage or yard sales, just so I can give it away to anyone I think may enjoy it.

I can't pick just one! A few of my favorites are:

"The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde
"Jane Eyre" by Charlotte Bronte
The Dark Tower series by Stephen King

Quote:
I LOVE the Dark Tower series. But as crazy as it sounds, I couldn't bring myself to read the last one. I bought it when it first came out, but it has been collecting dust on my shelf ever since. I just don't want to know how the quest ends.

Stephen King freak - I have everything he has written and most of his movies. Although i"m not always impressed with his endings.

Jean Auel has an excellent child earth series.

Anything by John Jakes is fun.

But the most dangerous thing of all - COOK BOOKS - my favorites are the ones that are put together by church groups, they have the most fun recipes. Once you start collecting cook books it's almost as addicting as chickens.

All the 1930 Nancy Drew books!! And anything by Carolyn Keene!
big_smile.png

Quote:
I LOOOVVVEEE Dr. Suess! My son was learning to read, and I did not have any patience with him. My husband sat down with him one evening to practice reading. They grabbed "The Up Book" and my son began reading. Evertime he came to the word "up", he would stop. After several pages, I heard my husband say :It's UP @#$%^ UP!" I laughed so hard...
lau.gif

Quote:
I LOOOVVVEEE Dr. Suess! My son was learning to read, and I did not have any patience with him. My husband sat down with him one evening to practice reading. They grabbed "The Up Book" and my son began reading. Evertime he came to the word "up", he would stop. After several pages, I heard my husband say :It's UP @#$%^ UP!" I laughed so hard...
lau.gif

LOL sounds about like when I was trying to teach my son and we started in on "one duck stuck" after we read it a few times he know the part "no luck, the duck stayed stuck, in the ... .... marsh"
took a few times reading it but he caught on
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom